To Learn Arabic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arabic Courses In Morocco / Arabic Lessons In Algiers / Study Arabic In Tunis /Learn Arabic In Jordan

Go down

Arabic Courses In Morocco / Arabic Lessons In Algiers / Study Arabic In Tunis /Learn Arabic In Jordan Empty Arabic Courses In Morocco / Arabic Lessons In Algiers / Study Arabic In Tunis /Learn Arabic In Jordan

Post by tutor Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:47 am

Arabic Courses In Morocco / Arabic Lessons In Algiers / Study Arabic In Tunis /Learn Arabic In Jordan, For further details kindly contact: learning.arabic@live.com,

ArabicThe Arabic script evolved from the Nabataean Aramaic script. It has been used since the th century AD, but the earliest document, an inscription in Arabic, Syriac and Greek, dates from AD. The Aramaic language has fewer consonants than Arabic, so during the th century new Arabic letters were created by adding dots to existing letters in order to avoid ambiguities. Further diacritics indicating short vowels were introduced, but are only generally used to ensure the Qur'an was read aloud without mistakes.There are two main types of written Arabic:

Arabic has also been written with the Hebrew, Syriac and Latin scripts.Notable Features
Type of writing system: abjadDirection of writing: words are written in horizontal lines from right to left, numerals are written from left to rightNumber of letters: (in Arabic) - some additional letters are used in Arabic when writing placenames or foreign words containing sounds which do not occur in Standard Arabic, such as /p/ or /g/. Additional letters are used when writing other languages.
Used to write:Arabic, Azeri, Baluchi, Bosnian, Dari, Hausa, Kabyle, Konkani, Kashmiri, Kazakh, Kurdish, Kyrghyz, Malay, Mandekan, Morisco, Pashto, Persian/Farsi, Punjabi, Rajasthani, Shabaki, Sindhi, Siraiki, Tatar, Tausug, Turkish, Urdu, Uyghur

Online Arabic lessonsarabic/school/i-cias/babel/arabic/areg.amaksoud
mylanguages/learn_arabic.phpmadinaharabicspeakmoroccanarabicspeaker.blogspot
arabiccompletearabic-alphabetnaturalarabicdalilusa/arabic_course/intro.asplanguageshome/English-Arabic.htmarabicspeaalimarabicpod.netarabic-studioArabic Genie - a quick and easy wa
Facts and StatisticsLocation: Northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Morocco and TunisiaCapital: AlgiersClimate: Arid to semiarid; mild, wet winters with hot, dry summers along coast; drier with cold winters and hot summers on high plateau; sirocco is a hot, dust/sand-laden wind especially common in summer.Population:
According to the census of , Arabic is the language of of Algeria's population; in addition to this, non-native speakers learn Arabic at school. In Algeria, as elsewhere, spoken Arabic differs very substantially from written Arabic; Algerian Arabic has a much-simplified vowel system, a substantially changed vocabulary with many new words and many words from Berber, Turkish, and French, and, like all Arabic dialects, has dropped the case endings of the written language. Within Algerian Arabic itself, there are significant local variations; Jijel Arabic, in particular, is noteworthy for its pronunciation of qaf as kaf and its profusion of Berber loanwords, and certain ports' dialects show influence from Andalusi Arabic brought by refugees from al-Andalus. Algerian Arabic is part of the Maghreb Arabic dialect continuum, and fades into Moroccan Arabic and Tunisian Arabic along the respective borders.
o Islam is practised by the majority of Algerians and to a certain extent still governs their personal, political, economic and legal lives. o Islam emanated from what is today Saudi Arabia. The Prophet Muhammad is seen as the last of God's emissaries (following in the footsteps of Jesus, Moses, Abraham, etc) to bring revelation to mankind. He was distinguished with bringing a message for the whole of mankind, rather than just to a certain peoples. As Moses brought the Torah and Jesus the Bible, Muhammad brought the last book, the Quran. The Quran and the actions of the Prophet (the Sunnah) are used as the basis for all guidance in the religion.
The Familyo The family is the most important unit of the Algerian social system and defines social relations. o The individual is always subordinate to the family or group. o The family comes above all else and we see this manifest in nepotism and the importance of honour.The Concept of Honour
o Honour is a foundation block of Algerian society.o Honour is delicately intertwined with a family's good name their reputation.o If someone is honourable, the family is honourable and if an individual is shamed the family is shamed. o As a result the behaviour of individual family members is viewed as the direct responsibility of the family.
Complementary educational excursions outside of the program base reveal Jordan's rich heritage, culture, and geography while providing diverse contexts in which to practice language skills. Students have the unique opportunity to live with a Bedouin community during their excursion to the Badia area of Jordan. Group excursions to both the north and south of Jordan include site visits to Petra, the Dead Sea, and Aqaba while providing myriad opportunities to learn Arabic in customized field-based settings. The emphasis of the course is Modern Standard Arabic (MSA), with additional instruction in Jordanian Colloquial Arabic, as well. Students gain an understanding of Arabic diglossia and proper usage of MSA versus colloquial.
Our modern university campus is commitment to excellence and is recognized internationally. Nestled on a beautiful hill in the northwestern part of this vibrant city, (approx. kms from the city center) on the main highway connecting Amman with Suweileh (Queen Rania Road).The Language Center is located in the heart of the campus next to the Faculty of Arts and offers a rich intellectual campus life with local and international students. This perfect location also offers many excellent facilities including a wide range of sports and recreational activities.
At the heart of downtown is the Ottoman-style King Hussein Mosque, around which the buzz and bustle is at its most interesting.Degree LevelBachelors Degree (Undergraduate)LanguagesArabicLanguages Used as a Medium of TeachingArabicSubject AreasArabicCultureIntensive LanguageCost in US$:
weeks from Program Fees Include:* Course as chosen * Use of teaching materials and instructional documents. * Placement test on the first morning at beginning of course. * Cultural and social activities.
* Language proficiency certificate at end of program upon request.Experience Requiredno
This Program is open toWorldwide Participants.Participants TravelIndependently or in Groups
Typically Participants Workin Groups of Max. - Application Process InvolvesWritten ApplicationTypically The Application Process Time isApprox. - Business Days
Arabic Courses In Morocco / Arabic Lessons In Algiers / Study Arabic In Tunis /Learn Arabic In Jordan, For further details kindly contact: learning.arabic@live.com,

Part of me is actually impressed. I think to myself: wow, in this post / world, here is this whole emerging generation that is so interested in this region, our culture, our tradition our language.
And then the other part of me thinks: damn, these guys are all going to go back to the US…And work for the CIA or NSA.[for further reference, see comment #]Filed under: Arab World, Culture, Jordan
Responses to “Learning Arabic In Jordan” Feed for this Entry Trackback Addresssaaleha on Sep nd, said:It’s been a bit of a trend for a while now for South African Muslims to study Arabic in Jordan.
I don’t know who these people work for now:)The husband and I have been kicking around the idea of doing an Arabic study stint in Syria next year.
Rob Richer on Sep nd, said:What’s the big deal ? A lot of people who are not American are working for the CIASimon Columbus on Sep nd, said:Well, I don’t think they’re all going to work for the CIA and NSA…(I’m learning Arabic myself, a child of the post / you may call me, and I’d rather starve to death then working for any of these organizations.)Nas on Sep nd, said:before i get jumped by any expats, i should point out that the observation is meant to be humorous and as lostwithin points out, partly poking fun of our conspiracy-theory state-of-minds.Um Omar on Sep nd, said:There are also those who are doing it to proselytize even though it is supposedly illegal in this country. I have met many of them and they are not too shy to admit it.
These jobs are hot and they pay a lot of money. One of the main reasons one may chooose to go for them is the big salary and benefits, it’s not necessary that they’re pro-war or pro-Bush or even pro-governmentabu daoud on Sep nd, said:As someone who is familiar with he folks you are talking about, my sense was that a lot of them were actually interested in humanitarian work–agricultural development, medical care, human rights–stuff like that.Not sure that it is so bad really. I don’t know a single one that went to work with the US gov’t–or any Western gov’t for that matter. In any case, wouldn’t it be good to have people working for the CIA who actually LIVED in the ME? But what MJWells said is true–which is sad, I think.
zaeem on Sep nd, said:i have bad news for you. this is interest is coming form intelligence agencies and not for the love of Arabic language or arab culture. the ongoing rate for a spy who speaks arabic and who is versed in arab “culture” is over , USD. of course spying is no longer limited to stunts but now includes cyber & telecom surveillance and media monitoring and old fashioned “development” work. so next time you are tempted to hug an international student who is studying Arabic, think again. same for those naive muslims who are impressed by the sudden surge in converts to islam post . DUH!!
sarah on Sep rd, said:I’m a fifth-year Arabic student, and I did in fact start out with some designs to work for the State Department…but after spending six months studying in the Middle East, talking to people and seeing the news from a different perspective I decided that the SD was no more innocent than the CIA or NSA, so I vowed never to work for any of them.
kinzi on Sep rd, said:Nas, you are inspiring a post for me with this topic. Lina, an Arabic tutor in Chicago makes $/hour. Fund your education! In Central Illinois, rural corn country if there ever was, Chinese has replaced German and Arabic is probably going to replace French in the government school system.Stephen on Sep rd, said:I studied Arabic this summer in Jordan.From what I saw, a lot of the students had Arab parents so either they or their parents felt the need to be able so speak Arabic. Then there was students who came as part of University course back in the U.S and were interested in learning Arabic for various reasons such as becoming translators in Iraq.
Nas on Sep rd, said:Yes Rob, that is exactly how I made it sound.In fact, I get paid in the field of million just to make it sound like that.I’m really that goodMommaBean on Sep rd, said:
Man, Nas, you ARE good. A million? How do I get THAT job? It’s funny that you and El atal have the exact same reaction. And, I tend to wonder the same when I meet Americans here whose husbands got a “scholarship” from an American governmental institution (I can imagine the strings attached to that money). I have also studied Arabic in Jordan (although clearly not the main reason I’m here) and think it’s an awesome place to pick. People from everywhere understand that accent which is a huge bonus. But, even we Americans wonder some times…
mo on Sep th, said:n a related story ..black iris you are an idiot. but regardless i think you would like this videoyoutube/watch?v=MpwadsU&feature=relatedNas on Sep th, said:
Tanious: thanks for the video but it’s ironic that the message behind it is about tolerance, yet you don’t seem to be displaying any of it here. there’s no need to insult me just because you disagree with me.
thanksDean Peters on Sep th, said:Oh for cryin’ in the creek - is there anything American’s can do right?If people aren’t complaining that we’re a bunch of ignorant, one-language slugs - they’re complaining that we’re learning another culture to join the ranks of the CIA.
Adila on Nov th, said:OMG, I just actually READ the comments.zaeem, I don’t know where you live in this world, but as somebody who has lived the vast majority of my life inside the USA, I can tell you–before I left the country, I had never met a single Muslim. At least nobody that I knew was Muslim.No, seriously.I didn’t know the difference between Muslims/Islam. Seriously.
Not that I want to be all self-deprecating by pointing this out, but I want people like yourself to know that, while your suspicion is justified, and can be used to keep you safe and aware, it can also be divisive. Islam just became the most practiced religion in the world, ahead of Roman Catholicism ( to Islam’s ). So I just want you to know that the surge of reverts, in my opinion, has to do mainly with people hearing about Islam for the first time/having a reason to look into it.
Courses / ProgramsLocated in Amman, Jordan, the Qasid Institute has quietly developed a reputation as one of the leading centers in the Middle East for Arabic language learning. We teach classical Arabic as well as modern standard Arabic. We also offer supplementary skill-specific courses including Arabic for diplomats, newspaper fluency, grammar and modern literary prose. A comprehensive curriculum taught over five distinct levels takes a student from the proper pronunciation of letters to a level of mastery. Graduating students who have applied themselves will find

- Modern Standard Arabic Programs- Supplementary skill-specific Courses, including 'Ammiyya, Arabic for Diplomats, Tajweed, Newspaper Fluency, Calligraphy, Grammar Intensive, Arabic in the Qur'an, and Modern Literary Prose- Advanced Graduate Courses such as Historical Readings, Teaching Arabic Grammar and Morphology to non-Native Speakers and Advanced Classical Texts.
- Summer Intensive Programs (Last Posted: --) . Ali Baba International Center, Amman ReviewsCourses / Programs
Ali Baba International Center takes pride in being the only center in Jordan exclusively devoted to promoting Arabic as a foreign language to students from all around the world. We hereby invite you to come to Jordan to learn Arabic in Amman, and to discover and enjoy the long and amazing history of Jordan and to become acquainted with the people of Jordan. About Us Location Courses / Programs Contact Us
We support Arabic as a foreign language taught to students from all over the world. We also promote cultural exchange and celebrate student's social engagement with the Jordanian culture. We aim to train non-Arabic speakers to turn into professionals in reading, writing and speaking the Arabic language.
In advance to obtaining the entry into Arabic Universities, we also aim for employing our students in translation services and acquiring them employment in Arab countries. We seek to inspire students into Learning Arabic and related traditions to the entire world.About Us Location Courses / Programs Contact Us
General information Course descriptions Current schedule Housing FeesApplicationsOther ALIF programsThe Arabic Language Institute in Fez (ALIF) offers three and six-week courses in all levels of Modern Standard Arabic and Colloquial Moroccan Arabic throughout the year.ALIF also has an excellent reputation as the preeminent institution in the Maghreb for the teaching of Arabic as a foreign language. Housed in a large, shady villa, ALIF provides an ideal setting for studying in Morocco's "intellectual capital", and for exploring the historic medina of Fez, one of the world's few remaining medieval cities.
For more information on ALIF's courses, facilities, and application procedures, click on the relevant subjects opposite.ALIF offers intensive Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) and Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA) courses throughout the year. To ensure that every student gets individual attention, all ALIF courses are kept small, generally no more than eight students per class.Most courses consist of six-week sessions ( hours of classroom instruction given four hours per day). Special content-based courses are six weeks in length (three hours of instruction per day). Private or specialized lessons can also be arranged. Students may enroll for the first three weeks of any six-week course, but must indicate this clearly on their application forms. The language of instruction is Arabic in all but the most elementary courses, where the use of English is kept to a minimum.
Any student studying either CMA or MSA outside the framework of the scheduled ALIF courses is considered a private student and may study between two and twenty hours/week. Private students may select from regular ALIF course offerings or request a tailor-made tutorial in a specialized field, such as Arabic Poetry, Advanced Grammar, Islamic Law, Commerce, etc. Advanced students or researchers may request to read specific texts with a private teacher. Private courses are available throughout the year but depend on teacher availability, so it is important for students to submit requests for private study as early as possible. Private instruction is not available during June and July, with the exception of FLAS scholars.Learn Arabic in Morocco

In Rabat you can concentrate on your Arabic language studies whilst living in a vibrant and typical Moroccan community that will welcome you and provide you with insights into the daily life of modern day Morocco. Learn more about the history of Morocco , which has been the Moroccan seat of learning for mathematics, astronomy and religious study for many years. istory of Morocco
Morocco is a constitutional monarchy, known to be relatively liberal in outlook and welcoming to Westerners. Think of white washed coastal buildings and deep blue seas or deserts stifling under a heat haze and of course an incredible clarity of light.

Come and study the magical Arabic language in Morocco ! Languages in Action is an international organization of language schools providing opportunities to learn a language of your choice, at language schools around the world, including Arabic schools in Morocco, Tunisia and Egypt. Learn Arabic in Morocco in the northwestern corner of Africa with Languages in Action at our language schools in Tetouan on the Mediterranean coast and Fez in the northeast. Join us in a country with a distinct and special charm, a stable economy and much improved security.
The Language House is a cross cultural program that offers Arabic language holidays and Arabic immersion programs for adults and teenagers in Marrakesh and Rabat, Morocco. Students can choose between Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) or Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA). Our program caters to all language levels. The standard program is three hours a day / hours per week. All of our instructors have university degrees in the teaching of MSA and CMA Arabic. The Language House homestay immersion program is available at any time of year and is suitable for all ages starting at years old as well as any language level (beginner to advanced). Our programs are ideal for individuals, business, travel or examination revision purposes. All tutors are fully-qualified teachers and native speakers, experienced in teaching their mother tongue as a foreign language. About Us Location Courses / Programs Contact Us - Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) - Colloquial Moroccan Arabic (CMA)
Modern Standard Arabic (MSA) in three levels - Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced Arabic; Moroccan Colloquial Arabic (CMA) in three levels; Qur'anic Studies; Cultural Studies; Arab Literature; Arab Women's Studies; Homestay Program. We offer guided excursions to the cities of Fes, Meknes, Casablanca, Marrakech, Tangiers, and Ourzarzate every weekend. (Last Posted: --)

tutor

Back to top Go down